Thursday, March 17, 2016

Creating a Blog

Creating a blog was a new experience for me.  I have never created a blog before, but I think it could be very beneficial in online learning for both the teachers and students.  The process of creating this blog was fairly simple.  I chose the blogger service that I thought was the simplest for others to follow and navigate through.  Once I went through each option, the process of setting up the blog was very straightforward.  Although leaving directions vague can encourage creativity among students, I felt like the directions could have been more specific on what to name the blog and how long the first post should be.  While these would be questions I could ask in a classroom, I did not have that opportunity when working online.  I am excited to be a part of the TOOLS learning community to discover the experiences and demands of online teaching, while receiving feedback from experienced online educators.  Having this professional development will help me be more prepared for future teaching online, and how to meet my students’ needs in an online learning setting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment