Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Evaluate 1 - Summative Assessments



This is an assessment I created to evaluate my students' understanding of trigonometric ratios, and how to evaluate for missing sides and angles of right triangles.  I determined the validity and reliability of this test by asking 2 other math teachers to work through this test to determine if it truly evaluated the standards.  I also had a Spanish teacher read through the test to see if an ESOL student would be able to understand the word problems without a translator.  I included applicable word problems that tested if the students are able to solve the problems, and understand what they mean.  I made different versions of the test so that the tests were consistent to the standards and with each other.  Students had 45 minutes to complete this test, and were not allow to take it in an additional time period.  This prevented students from being able to look up answers or find notes over the material in between attempts.  


No comments:

Post a Comment