Monday, May 2, 2016

4.1.3 Digital Health

                                        

I have just completed my online master's degree program.  This took long hours of sitting and being in front of the computer screen, so it was important for me to find ways to incorporate healthy activities into my day.  One of the easiest things I have found that helps me when working online, is to make sure that I am sitting with a good posture.  When I am not, my shoulders and back begin to bother me.  Another method I used when working online, is to allow myself to stand while I work.  I feel like I am more productive and can focus easier when I am standing.  In addition, I always find time to do some type of workout during the weekday.  I usually allow 45 minutes to go to a group training class, but sometimes it might just be taking a walk around the block.  This time allows me to re-focus and relieve my stress from the day.

With technology all around us now, it is important that we learn to set it aside for periods of time and focus on ourselves, as well as those right in front of us.  Below is the time that I have prioritized to step away from my computer and focus on myself, or regroup with a friend or family member.

Tuesday (5/3) - 9:55 (Planning Period) Take a walk outside to get some fresh air

Wednesday (5/4) - No internet or phone time when I get home from school

Thursday (5/4) - Dinner with two of my co-workers

Friday (5/5) - 11:00 Check posture!

Since I workout regularly I did not schedule that in my calendar.  These steps each day, along with my workout, will allow me to stay focused when I need to be working; it will also allow me to take a minute for myself and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment