Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Newsletter 3.2.1

Throughout this quest, it has been evident just how critical communication is in online learning, and how many different forms of communication we have access to.  I think it is important to use different forms of communication, and include videos, helpful links and pictures to make the material appealing to the students.  From the communication quests, I have discovered some new tools that I will use in the future.  There are three that I think are very beneficial:

1. Smore - I have made my newsletters for previous quests with this website.  It is so easy to use and free, which allows everyone to have access to it.  I think this is extremely important to provide students with access to upcoming events and reminders.  I really like this website and will be using in my future classes.
Newsletter - smore

2. Email - Although this is not a new or exciting software, it is something that has proven to be a beneficial form of communication in the past, present, and I am sure it will be around in the future.  Because so many people have emails sent to their phones, emails can be an efficient way to communicate quickly with your student or parents.



3. Remind101 - This software sends out a mass text to the students registered to use it.  It can alert them of any upcoming tests or assignments with just the click of a button.  The students do not have to log on to a website to receive the update since it will come directly to their phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment