Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Communications 1.1.1


  • How have your individual communication skills changed as with the innovations in technology? My communication skills have continued to change with the increasing use of technology.  I am often using some form of technology to communicate with my students and parents.  I feel like I am more aware of what I am saying and how something I am saying might come across when I am writing a student or parent an email.  I think it is important to step away and re-read the email with fresh eyes so that the reader might not misinterpret what you are trying to say.  Our school uses Twitter to convey school-wide messages.  This makes it easy for students to be up-to-date on all the current news.  I have also used Remind101 and Edmodo to communicate with my students.  All of this new technology has just expanded the methods and forms of communication we can have with our students. 
  • How have advancements in technology altered classroom communication? Will these change further?  As mentioned in the previous response, there are numerous methods to communicate with students and parents outside of the classroom.  I think students feel more comfortable contacting and communicating with their teacher when they have a question.  There are so many resources they can use that feel less formal.  I think this allows the students to be more open to contacting their teacher to ask questions.  There are also numerous online schooling programs now that require students to communicate with their teachers and students in non-traditional ways.  I think these resources will only increase in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment