Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Identifying Stakeholders 2.1.1


There are many contributors to online learning that help make it truly successful.  These contributors, or stakeholders, include teachers, students, parents and administration.  When I first heard the term stakeholder, I wasn't expecting it to be people who worked and participated in the online learning community.  However, it makes perfect sense for them to be stakeholders, since they are all invested in the learning community.  Once I discovered who qualified as stakeholders in the learning community, I felt like the descriptions matched what I would qualify as characteristics of these contributors.

I thought it was important that they mentioned that the instructors should communicate with all stakeholders because I feel like this is the only role that should be consistently interacting with everyone.  From my own online learning experience, I think it is also important that instructors not only communicate frequently and in a timely manner, but that they also give feedback (grades) to assignments quickly so students can then ask questions.

I felt like the student descriptions met my own expectations and put a lot of responsibility on them to keep in contact with their teacher and ask any questions that may come up.  The descriptions of both parents and administrations were exactly how I would describe them as well.  I'm not sure if I would add any other group to the stakeholders, but I do think there are many other people who help with the online learning process such as social workers and technical support staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment