Monday, May 9, 2016

Recorded Session

I have recorded a mini lesson before by using just a microphone and podcast software.  So although this wasn't my first time recording myself teaching, it was the first time I have used GoToMeeting that accompanied a visual with the podcast.  One of the biggest things that I was aware of in my first podcast was how detailed I needed to be in my teaching since the students would not be able to see anything while I was speaking.  I feel like students would be able to follow a lecture using GoToMeeting much easier than just a podcast.  With this experience, I felt more confident in my lecture since I had visuals to accompany my discussion. 

I felt like this was a fairly straightforward process.  GoToMeeting is not a free software, but it does have a free 30 day trial so I was able to practice using the software.  Once you are ready to start the lecture, click "Start your meeting."  You can start recording from there, but make sure your microphone is on so your students are able to hear what you are saying, along with what you are showing on your screen.  I enjoyed this experience and think this is extremely beneficial in online learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment