Monday, May 23, 2016

Evaluate 1 - Formative Assessment

Formative assessments provide an opportunity for teachers to gauge students' understanding of the concepts they are studying.  This allows the teacher to properly plan for remediation and enrichment activities for the students who need them.  I think the formative assessments that give students feedback on their progress, also give the students a chance to review the areas they are weak in, prior to a formal assessment.  These formative assessments can be given in a number of ways.  I think online activities that provide students with the correct answers are a great way to gauge student knowledge.  I enjoy using Kahoot! to help my students review and to check their understanding on a certain topic.  I have attached a basic definitions "quiz" using Kahoot! that I would do with my whole class prior to the actual quiz.  This gives students a chance to review the definitions that they are not answering correctly during Kahoot!

Kahoot! Vocab

No comments:

Post a Comment